Look at your grades and match them to the grades the university is demanding.
- Find a degree that includes a placement year – where you can go and work in a company to gain experience.
- Look carefully at the course content, not all business degrees are the same.
- Does the university offer the breadth of opportunity that you are looking for?
- How extensive is the list of electives?
- Look to see where students have gone to work after graduating
- Does the university have a careers service to help you get that first job?
- How strong is the alumni network at the university?
Specific skills and CV building advice:
- Go and work in a company during the summer vacation
- Join the business club in school – if you don’t have one, found one.
- Participate in activities where you can develop your soft skills, particularly skills such as teamwork and communication skills.